Friday, September 3, 2010
This is a very very simple yet delicious recipe. You get to bake an entree and cornbread all at once!
1 box of cornbread mix
1 can of cream of corn
1 lb of ground beef (with minced garlic and black pepper)
1/4 to 1/3 cup of Salsa (add chopped olives if you wish)
1) Mix the cornbread mix with the cream of corn (omit cornbread mix instructions), and place it in a greased square or pie-shape baking pan, push the cornbread mixture to create a "crust" for the bottom and side of pan.
2) In a skillet, cook ground beef with minced garlic and black pepper, drain the fat.
3) Add in Salsa and chopped olives and mix with ground beef.
4) place ground beef mixture in the center of the cornbread crust, spread evenly.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until cornbread is cooked.
6) sprinkle cheese on top and cooke for another 5 minutes.