Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Pressure Cooker Sweet & Sour Spare Ribs

I really feel terrible that I have neglected this blog for over a year! I felt that it was easier to use Facebook to share my recipes but I realized, they are not searchable on the internet, nor can you pin the recipes on Pinterest.

So....After today, I will be sharing all of my facebook recipes here too.

I have recently purchased a pressure cooker, I have been thinking about getting one in a while and then I saw one of the infomercial showing how fast it is to cook a meal. Being a busy momma with a full time job, I think I have made a good investment. I end up getting the Instant Pot because it was on sale on Amazon. I received the pressure cooker last week Tuesday, and my first cooked meal in it on Wednesday. I have used it for 4 meals already and I am loving it! While I have pinned a bunch of recipes on my pinterest to try, other than the lasagna recipe, I never really followed any single recipe to the fullest. There are always some tweaks and addition just because I don't have the ingredient, or I just wanted to add a little wine. lol!

Today let me share with you something that Mr. P enjoyed!


Sweet & Sour Short Ribs

2 lbs spare ribs, cut into smaller pieces
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbs chili pepper
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup shoyu
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tbs honey
2 tbs ketchup
1 tbs lime juice
1 tbs fish sauce


1) Combined the orange juice, shoyu, rice vinegar, honey, ketchup in a separate bowl.
2) Turn your pressure cooker to saute and saute onions in olive oil, then add in garlic, ginger, and chili pepper. Saute for about a min or two, turn off.
3) Pour in the orange juice mixture, add in spare ribs, toss to coat.
4) Add in lime juice and fish sauce, toss again to coat the spare ribs.
5) Cover the pressure cooker, set the pressure on for 20 mins.
6) Once done, remove the cooked ribs and set it on the side.
7) Saute the sauce in the pressure cooker to reduce the sauce and thicken it up. Turn off heat.
8) Toss ribs back into the pressure cooker, give it a good stir, and they are ready to serve!





3 comments:

  1. Was looking for a local kine grind and here I am. Making this as I type. Didn't have OJ so I used pineapple juice. Used lemon juice because I didn't have lime juice. This looks so good. Can't wait. Mahalo for sharing!

    ReplyDelete