Sunday, October 6, 2013
Fried Nori Wrapped Ahi with Wasabi Aioli and Sriracha sauce.
1 Fresh Block of Ahi
1 sheet of Nori (dried seaweed)
1/2 cup egg wash
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup panko
Oil for frying
1) wrap in nori (seal the end with water if needed).
2) dip in egg wash.
3) drench in flour.
4) dip in egg wash again.
5) cover with panko.
6) quick pan fry in oil in medium high heat, about 30 sec to a minute per side but ensure the crust is golden brown (need some practicing) , transfer to paper towel to absorb oil.
7) cut them into thin slices, plate.
8) mix wasabi with mayo to your liking, drizzle on side of plate.
9) drizzle sriracha sauce on top.
10) serve immediately!
This pasta is more than just softshell crabs and Italian sausage. It has mushrooms, olives, spinach, bacon, all tossed in garlic oil.
2 servings of pasta (pictured is whole wheat spaghetti)
4-5 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 softshell crabs
1 Italian sausage
4 button mushrooms (sliced)
1 bacon (chopped)
1 cup of fresh spinach
1/8 cup olives (sliced)
1) Cook pasta in a pot of water until cooked thru (or slightly under)
2) While pasta is cooking, place olive oil and garlic in a large pan, set on medium heat to lightly cook the garlic (do not let garlic brown)
3) Reduce heat to low, place cleaned softshell crabs in the large pan with garlic and olive oil, cover, and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until crab turns orange (turning once)
4) While softshell crab is cooking, in a small pan, cook Italian sausage and bacon, slice up the Italian sausage and set sausage and bacon (with it's dripping) aside
5) Remove softshell crabs and cut them into pieces, place them back into the large pan
6) Add in pasta, Italian sausage, bacon (and its dripping), spinach, olives, and mushrooms
7) Turn heat to medium high and toss often
8) Add in salt & pepper to taste
9) Plate and serve
The "poaching' of softshell crab allows the crab juice to go into the garlic oil. The softshell crab and bacon gave a bit of crunchiness which worked exceptionally well in this dish!
Mr. P really likes the dish....minus the softshell crabs (he end up finishing the entire plate anyway), but I LOVE this dish because of the softshell crabs!
This dish is pretty versatile, you can add more meat/veggies, or remove any of them if you wish. It's like making fried rice!! LOL!!