Sunday, October 6, 2013
Fried Nori Wrapped Ahi
Fried Nori Wrapped Ahi with Wasabi Aioli and Sriracha sauce.
1 Fresh Block of Ahi
1 sheet of Nori (dried seaweed)
1/2 cup egg wash
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup panko
Oil for frying
1) wrap in nori (seal the end with water if needed).
2) dip in egg wash.
3) drench in flour.
4) dip in egg wash again.
5) cover with panko.
6) quick pan fry in oil in medium high heat, about 30 sec to a minute per side but ensure the crust is golden brown (need some practicing) , transfer to paper towel to absorb oil.
7) cut them into thin slices, plate.
8) mix wasabi with mayo to your liking, drizzle on side of plate.
9) drizzle sriracha sauce on top.
10) serve immediately!