Tuesday, September 25, 2012
It's been a long long time since the last time I blogged. Sorry I have been MIA. It's been a crazy basketball summer and the madness hasn't stopped yet! But I just wanted to drop in to say "I'm still alive!"
I have been a fan of Pinterest, I'm sure most of you are too. I have been cooking using recipes I found on Pinterest and I even made crafts!!
Anyway, this past weekend I made a special treat that I just threw together with the ingredients I have at home, and it was a hit so I'd like to share with with you, and you can probably pin it. :)
Cap'n Crunch Oreo Bars
1 1/2 cups of Cap'n Crunch cereal
5-8 Oreo Cookies (finely crushed, about 1/2 cup or more to your liking)
8-10 pieces of large marshmallows
1 tbs butter
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
2 tbs milk
1) In medium heat, melt butter in a pot, stir in marshmallows until marshmallows melt.
2) Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, melt dark chocolate chips with milk, using 30 second intervels and stir, until completely melted.
3) Turn off heat, add in Cap'n Crunch cereal and 1/4 cup oreo cookie crumbs (or more to your liking), stir until cereal, crumbs, and marshemallows are mixed well. (You do the same steps as you would as rice krispies treats)
4) Remove mixture and press them firmly on a lightly greased pan (I use toaster oven size pan).
5) Spread melted dark chocolate on top, sprinkle with remaining oreo cookie crumbs.
6) Refrigerate for 30 minutes until chocolate hardens, cut and serve!
I made a small batch to try it out, that's why I used a toaster oven pan. It was a HIT! So if you prefer to make more, double or triple the amount and use a 9x9 pan or 9x13 pan.