Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Protein Fiber Bar



Awhile back I mentioned that lil P had gotten tired of eating oatmeal so I have been finding other ways to get him to eat them. I have done muffins but recently I have created this protein fiber bar that lil P is just raving about. Thanks to Pinterest for the idea!

1/8 cup soy milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used half milk choco and half dark choco)
1 packet of instant Quakers High Fiber brown sugar oatmeal (you can use regular packets too)
1 scoop of chocolate Muscle Milk
2 tbs coconut flakes (optional)
Handful of peanuts (I used Planters)

1) In a microwavable bowl, place milk and chocolate chips and microwave it for 20 seconds at a time. Stir until melted.
2) Add in remaining ingredients and stir.
3) Line a rectangular container with saran wrap, then pour mixture in to the container, pack it tight, then cover.
4) Refrigerate until hardens, then take out the bar by lifting saran wrap up.
5) Remove saran wrap, lay it on a cutting board and cut into desired pieces.

You can actually put whatever you want in the bar. Last night I have prepared a rocky road one with some marshmallow, see below. You can add in raisins or crasins, mac nuts, walnuts, etc. Again the possibilities are endless!


with marshmallows

1 comment:

  1. Useful information shared..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post. srp best rice in Pakistan I am absolutely amazed at how terrific the stuff is on this site. I have saved this webpage

    ReplyDelete