Sunday, March 18, 2012
Portobello Mushroom Fries
Mr. P almost refused this yummy treat! I made him take one and he said this is actually really good! That's all I needed!
1 Portobello mushroom
Dash of salt & pepper (or steak seasoning)
1 tbs olive oil
1 egg, beaten (add more if needed)
1 cup panko bread crumbs (add more if needed)
oil for frying
1) Remove stem and gill of mushroom, rinse an pat dry.
2) Brush olive oil on both sides, sprinkle with salt & pepper or steak seasoning.
3) Place mushroom in toaster oven and broil 3 mins on each side.
4) Remove mushroom from heat and cut into strips.
5) Heat oil in a pan for frying, dip eah strip into egg then into panko.
6) Fry strips until golden brown, then place them on paper towel to absorb oil.
7) Serve as is or with your favorite ranch dressing!
I think it took more time to make it than it is to eat it!! ...but it was just a taste test so I only used 1 mushroom.
I experimented different ways to use portobello mushrooms from the pack i got at Costco. My first recipe was stuffed portobello mushroom. Then I did the fries. The last one I chopped it all up and made chicken & portobello with tomatos and garlic egg noodle pasta with chicken broth. It sure hits the spot on a cold day!