Friday, February 17, 2012
Picked up a pack of portobello mushrooms at Costco this past weekend, but we were so busy with lil P's sports that I haven't had time to cook it. I finally had the time to cook this Stuffed Portobello with Tomatoes and Garlic for myself last night. I am so satisfied!
1 Portobello Mushroom
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
half a tomato (diced)
3 cloves of garlic (diced)
1/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese (or Mozzarella)
2 tsp dried rosemary
dash of black pepper
1) Remove stem on the portobello.
2) Mix olive oil, lemon juice, and soy sauce in a bowl.
3) Brush the oil mixture on both sides of the mushroom, leave remaining oil in the bowl.
4) Broil mushroom on both sides, about 4-5 min each side, starting with the bottom down.
5) Meanwhile, mix in diced tomato, garlic, cheese, rosemary, and black pepper into the bowl with the remaining oil mixture, toss and set aside until mushroom is ready.
6) Pull out the mushroom and fill mushroom with tomato mixture. Sprinkle more cheese on top, broil for another 5 minutes or until cheese is starting to brown.
You can put this stuffed portobello over brown rice, and pour the dripping all over. YUM. You can also serve this alone as a pupu, that's what Hawaii calls appetizer. Home Kine Grindz Facebook page is hosting another round of "Let's Eat Local Grindz" online event! We're going to have a Pupu Day on March 1st! If you are interested in joining in the fun, simply get or make a Pupu, or an appetizer, and post a pic on the Home Kine Grindz Facebook page!We had a pretty good turn out at the 1st event of Loco Moco Day. You can see the different pic from the last event here. Hope you can participate with us this time! Click here for more details and join in!!