Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oatmeal Pancake Muffins
























Lil P used to LOVE when i make him oatmeal in the morning using those Quaker Instant Oatmeal packets, especially when I add syrup, cinnamon, raisins, and chocolate chips. But earlier this year he has told me he doesn't want to eat it anymore, that he doesn't like it. I only make it once a week! I used to fight with him and tell him "Eat it, or else". I was tired of fighting with him, and didn't want to put these packets to waste. So I got creative by adding Coach's Oats Multigrain Pancake Mix...

1 packet of Quaker Instant Oatmeal
2 tbs beaten egg (probably about half an egg)
2 tbs Coach's Oats Multigrain Pancake Mix
4 tbs water
raisins
chocolate chips

1) Mix all ingredients together
2) Divide them in two silicon muffin cups
3) Place in toaster oven (because it's only 2 muffins, but if you make more, you can use the oven) at 375 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes.

When Lil P first saw the muffins he immediately said he won't eat it. But after he tried it, he said "this taste nothing like oatmeal!" and devoured both of them. Now I don't have to fight with him eating his oatmeal!

ps. the muffins came out really dense, but Lil P actually likes it like this. I didn't want to change my recipe because that. But if you know how to make my muffin less dense, please share!!



No comments:

Post a Comment