Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Moist Cupcakes


















I do alot of semi-homemade food, mostly because I don't have the time or ingredients to make them entirely from scratch. When I bake cakes and cupcakes, I use boxed cake mix. When I did my Star Wars cake, although I love the way it looks, I didn't like how it crumbles and falls apart when you cut it. I finally figured out the secret ingredient to make the cake from boxed cake mix moist -- pudding.

Moist Cake/Cupcakes using boxed cake mix

1 box of cake mix (I used german chocolate on this one)
1 box of pudding (4 serving one)
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil

1) Mix the cake mix and pudding together in a large mixing bowl.
2) Add in the eggs, water, and oil and mix until combined.
3) Pour batter into pan or lined cupcake pans.
4) Bake for 50 minutes for cake, or 35 mins for cupcakes (or when insert toothpick comes out smooth)

Seriously, don't you think the cupcakes even LOOK moist on the picture itself?! I will never bake cake without pudding now!

This past weekend I hosted a baby shower. Although the mom-to-be decided she wants to bake her own cupcakes, I pleaded to decorate it. I was excited because I can finally get to do the homemade frosting recipe given by Oh Happy Cakes . The frosting can stay outdoor and stays in place without melting. The baby shower theme was cherry blossom tree with birds. I am proud of what I did and I put them in these cute single cupcake containers by PoshBoxCouture, these containers made it easy for anyone to take home!






No comments:

Post a Comment