Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pan-Roasted Pork Chops and Star Wars Party with Stormtrooper Cake
















Thank you for those who had voted for my Easy Peanut Butter Sandwich Surprise! I didn't win...but I was in 4th place out of 9! It was an awesome experience so Thank you Veggie Patch and The Sneaky Chef!!

I have been rather busy this past couple of weeks because I had to get ready for Lil P's 10th Birthday party which I will share with you after this recipe. I have made this dish a few weeks back actually but didn't have to time to post so here it is!

Pan-Roasted Pork Chops (adapted from Wanda Adams' The Island Plate II)

2 pieces of pork chops
Salt
Pepper
Rosemary
Basil
Cayenne pepper

2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp butter
1 tbsp butter reserved for finishing

1) Marinate both sides of pork with salt, pepper, rosemary, basil, and cayenne pepper. Use a fork and poke into the pork in various areas, both sides. Let marinate for about 15 minutes.
2) On a stove over medium high heat, melt olive oil and butter into an oven-proof pan.
3) Place pork pieces on the pan and cook for about 6-8 minutes before turning over to cook for another 8-10 minutes.
4) Place butter reserved on top of each pork pieces. Place pan in oven at 350 degrees and let it roast for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.





















Of course I packed myself a bento for lunch the next day! Top tier contains saute mushrooms, onions, broccoli, and carrots and a cup of diced apples and blueberries, bottow tier contains Gen Ji Mai rice and the pan-roasted pork chops.
















We threw a dual birthday party this weekend for Mr. P and Lil P, as their birthdays are about 3 weeks apart. Because they are a huge Star Wars fan, it was a perfect fit to throw a Star Wars theme party for the father and son! It was quite a stressful day, 45 people in attendance, serving saber dogs and other delicious food such as Marinated Steak, Chicken Nachos (by Pikko), BBQ Meatballs, Salads, Sushi, and Chili. But it was worth it because they had a great time! Not to mention we were visited by Darth Vadar, Clones, and a Stormtrooper!!






















Of course, the birthday party can't go without a birthday cake!!! I used boxed cake mix and store-bought frosting to make this Stormtrooper Cake. I spent a total of 4 hours from baking to decorating. But I was really satisfied with the results. Below you will see my progression and the final product!









































2 comments: