Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lemon Caper Mahi Mahi



















Ack! I've been slacking off on this! I have been cooking and snapping pictures, just didn't have time to download the pictures or blog about it. Work had me traveling to neighbor islands, I've been tired, and I've been studying for a certification and planned to take the exam end of June. I also haven't exercised in 3 weeks. I planned on working out tonight (i've been saying it for a week now), and I know I'll be sore tomorrow...

Anyway, a friend of mine went out to sea and caught a huge Mahi, came to drop off some filets to us! So i was able to attempt this Mahi Mahi with lemon and caper.

2 Mahi Mahi filets (these are freshly caught! but you can pick them up at costco's frozen section)
3 tbs Olive oil
3 tbs butter
1/2 cup Wheat flour
Salt
Black pepper
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbs capers (drained)
2 tbs tbs garlic (chopped)

1) Skin and wash Mahi Mahi filets, pat dry, and cut into smaller pieces.
2) Heat olive oil over medium heat, add butter and heat until melted and foamy.
3) Dredge Mahi Mahi filets with flour, then fry in butter and oil.
4) Cook for until very lightly browned, about 6-8 minutes.
5) Turn and cook the other side, until lightly browned for another 6-8 minutes.
6) Turn over again to cook until golden brown, remove and place on top of paper towel to soak up the oil.
7) Combine lemon juice, capers, and garlic in a small bowl and mix.
8) Pour mixture onto leftover oil in skillet, reduce heat to low and let simmer.
9) Plate fish, and spoon on sauce. Serve immediately.

Here is my bento for lunch: Lemon Caper Mahi Mahi over Brown and Gen Ji Mai rice mix, Marinated Steak, and Seasoned Soy Beans. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment