Thursday, January 5, 2012

Layered Jello

















Happy New Year everyone!!!

I have been cooking and I've got lots to post so I'm actually really excited! But I'll do one post today and if I have time work on another this weekend. :)

First off, layered jello. This delicious AND pretty thing I have eaten, but never attempted my entire until...until now. I have been meaning to make this forever. As a matter of fact, I wanted to make it for our Day After Christmas get together luncheon but that was a big fat FAIL. I wasted my blueberry and lime jello, so all I have left is strawberry. I end up making it on New Year's Day and it was a hit!

2 boxes of strawberry jello (or whatever flavor you desire)
2 c hot water (divided 1 cup each)
1/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup whipping cream

Standard jello method
1) Take one box of strawberry jello powder, pour it in a bowl.
2) Pour in 1 cup of hot water, stir until powder desolves.
3) Pour in 1/4 cup of cold water, mix.
4) Pour mixture into a 9x9" pan.
5) Refrigerate until firm (approx 2 hours) OR put in freezer for 20 mins.

Cream layer
6) Take the 2nd box of strawberry jello powder, pour it in a bowl
7) Pour in 1 cup of hot water, stir until powder desolves.
8) Pour in 1/4 cup of WHIPPING CREAM, mix.
9) Pour mixture over the previous (already firmed) jello pan.
10) Refrigerate until firm (approx 2 hours) OR put in freezer for 20 mins.

If you got more boxes of jellos, just repeat with each flavor.

I had ate alot as taste test...it was delicous! I then placed them in pretty cupcake cups.
























But it was devoured within an hour by lil P, my nephews, and niece...and of course, ME!!! haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment