Saturday, January 28, 2012

Buttery Ranch Honey Wheat Pretzels & Facebook Launch!

























These are super popular treats at school fairs or at the bake sale. This is the other YUM snacks I love to eat besides my popular furikake chex mix! The great thing about these pretzel snacks is you don't have to BAKE it!!

1 bag of honey wheat pretzels (I used the safeway brand)
1/4 cup buttery flavor popcorn oil
1/2 pack of Hidden Valley Ranch mix (the powder form)
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp dill weed (opt)

1) Place pretzels in a large ziplog bag (you may remove excess salt on the pretzels first , if you wish).
2) Pour oil over pretzels, toss until evenly coated.
3) Sprinkle ranch mix, garlic powder, dill weed, and toss until evenly coated.
4) Separate and place them in smaller ziplog bags or airtight containers.

I literally took less than 10 minutes to put these together! I didn't have dill weed, so I omitted. It tasted just as good. The ranch makes this snack very flavorful. Now i don't have to find them at bake sales. :)

























Btw, I have finally launched a Facebook page! Please like the page here as I will be doing some online events! First stop, we're kicking off local kine grindz Hawaii Style with a Loco Moco Day on Feb 1st! Eat a loco moco plate (buy them or make your own healthier version), take a pic and post it on my page labelled with "Loco Moco Day: " For those of you who want to participate but have no clue what Loco Moco is, it's basically a hamburger patty, topped with fried eggs, and smothered with gravy, all over rice. Of course there are different versions of loco moco pending on your diet. If you're watching your weight, here's my suggestion: you could go for a garden patty, or tofu patty, topped with egg whites, smother with gravy made from low sodium beef broth cooked with finely diced onions and mushrooms.

I'm going to make my own for dinner on Loco Moco Day. Our goal for this event is 50 plates/pics. Are you in on Loco Moco Day on Feb 1st?? Would love to see your pics!! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment