Monday, October 25, 2010

Surf & Turf dinner, Halloween Breakfast Bento

Last week I decided to do a Surf and Turf in an effort to use up my mushrooms and onions for sautee...only after dinner had I realized I forgot them!
























Surf is Garlic Shrimp Scampi. I have tried very VERY hard to master the shrimp truck shrimp over at Giovanni's in Kahuku. Seems like this time it is much closer than I've ever done before!



Garlic Shrimp Scampi


10 shrimps
3 tbsp corn starch
1tsp cayenne pepper
3 tsp paprika
dash of salt and pepper
6 tbsp butter
10 cloves garlic (diced)
2 tbsp white wine



1) Place cornstarch, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and pepper (measurements are not quite exact, as I was just eyeballing) in a bowl, mix well, toss in shrimp and coat shrimp completely with mixture.


2) in a skillet, melt 3 tbsp butter on medium high, add in diced garlic and cook until garlic is turning golden (about 3-5 minutes)


3) Add in shrimp and let cook for 3 minutes on one side, turn over and cook for another 3 minutes on the other


4) pour in white wine


5) add in the remainder of butter until fully melted


6) Serve!



The garlic sauce was so good, I don't normally eat rice for dinner but I just gotta add it so I can pour the sauce on top!!




















Mr. P enjoyed this shrimp better than the honey walnut shrimp (yay!) but lil P thinks it tastes weird. I think it was delicious! Just one more step closer to shrimp truck shrimp! So it's okay if lil P didn't like it, more for me!!!



The steak is seasoned with garlic, black pepper, salt, basil, olive oil, and whiskey.



The next day, I made breakfast and decided to add some halloween fun! Here is a breakfast bento with pumpkin shaped scrambled eggs (sugar eyes and nori mouth), portuguese sausage, toast, and grapes. And I'm submtting this to the October B.O.M.B.


No comments:

Post a Comment