Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Corn Chowder, Banana Bread
It is starting to get cold and it was rainy all day. Comfort food to the rescue! I love corn chowder because I LOVE corn and I LOVE potatoes. In this I have also added onions, turkey kielbasa and bacon. mmmMMmmm!
1 medium to large size potato, chopped
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup turkey kielbasa
2 strips of bacon, chopped
1 can cream of corn
1 can of corn
1 "can worth of" soy milk
3/4 cups of cheese
1) Place chopped potatoes in a microwave safe dish, add water, and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
2) While potatoes are cooking, in a high heated pot, melt butter and add onions until cooked.
3) Add in kielbasa and bacon, continue to mix (you should smell the aroma)
4) Add in cream of corn to the pot, then fill the can up with soy milk (you can use milk too) and pour into the pot.
5) Add in the can of corn
6) Add in the cooked potatoes
7) Add in the cheese (I use italian blend)
8) Salt and pepper to taste, then serve!
so yummy and so simple. Unfortunately Mr. P or Lil P doesn't like it which is a bummer...but it's okay, more for me!! here is a bento of this using my fuel container. top tier I have korean pear, star fruits, and a small carrot-o-lantern (since halloween is coming up). Submitting this to "What's for lunch Wednesday"!
This weekend I also got an opportunity to make banana bread. the in-laws gave me too much bananas than i can handle. I freeze some for smoothies and decided to bake banana bread with the rest.
3 to 4 bananas, peeled and mashed
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
1/4 cup of raisins
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place 3 greased mini loaf pans on cookie sheet, set aside
2) Combined bananas with butter (I had already place the bananas in ziplog bag, so I just added the butter in, zip it, and smoosh it with my hands
3) Place banana and butter mixture in a bowl if haven't already, add in sugar, egg, and vanilla and fold in and mix well with a spatula (you don't need a mixer for this)
4) Add in baking soda and salt, and continue to mix with spatula
5) Add in the wheat flour, continue to mix well with spatula
6) pour content evenly into the mini loaf pans, set for 30-40 mins or until the top is golden brown.