Monday, August 16, 2010

furikake fried salmon and tofu cubes

I don't normally cook on the weekends because we're always so busy running to and from sports. This weekend we had a fantastic weekend spent with the family without ANY SPORTS so I got to cook both lunch and dinner. I picked up some costco's Popcorn chicken from the frozen section the weekend prior so I made some "twister" wrap (popcorn chicken, lettuce, ranch dressing wrapped in my "flat Out" bread) for a quick lunch before we went for a surf session with lil P. No pic, they devoured it before I could grab my camera....

After surfing. we were all tired. We were planning on going out to eat, but decided against it. so I got to cook again! I couldn't figure out what to make, all i know is lil P wants saimin (dried ramen packets) and when I make that I need something else to make it healthy so I decided on salmon. Put my thinking cap on, and came up with fried furikake cubes of salmon and tofu, and went right on to my creation. I tasted the salmon, and it was crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside, the tofu on the other hand, wasn't as tastey on the inside, but I know it would go really well with the soup of the saimin...kinda like agedashi tofu. Lil P and Mr. P both had the saimin and I got thumbs up!
















I didn't want saimin (plus I didn't have enough), so I made myself a salad with the cubes on top. Don't they look like croutons?




Fried Furikake Cubes
1/4 cup shoyu
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sugar
1 garlic, diced
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup Furikake
1 skinless salmon filet (cubed)
1/2 container of tofu (cubed)
oil for frying

1) Marinated salmon and tofu cubes (separately) with shoyu, mirin, sugar, and garlic for 20-30 min.
2) combine cornstarch and furikake, mix well.
3) dip cubes in cornstarch furikake mixture, then fry in oil until crispy.
4) Serve!




1 comment:

  1. Have been busy and away from blog hopping for a while, once return I see so many delicious foods here! Wow!
    I love that tofu, looks so yummy! I am a big fan of tofu :D

    ReplyDelete