Cooking became a passion of mine, took after my dad I think. I like to try new recipes and most of the time they turn out good and friends approved. Most of the food I make are local hawaiian grindz, but alot with asian fusion too. Gotta love living in da melting pot!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Fried Noodles / Fried Udon
Fried noodles and fried udon can be easy to make, the key ingredient is the seasoning package that comes with the noodles/udon. But if you prefer to opt out of that, you can always replace it with - oyster sauce.
3 Packages of Noodles (S&S, Yakisoba, Udon, etc) 1/3 package of Kamaboko (cut into strips) 1 carrot (julienne)
1/2 cabbage or chinese cabbage (chopped)
1 tbs of oil
Optional: 2 tbs of oyster sauce, beans sprouts (1/2 to 1 cup), spam (cut into strips, about 1/2 cup) and portugese sausage (cut into strips, about 1/2 cup)
1) Cook veggies until soft, set aside.
2) Stir fry meat (if using) in big pan.
3) Add oil in the pan, put in the noodles, loosen/separate the noodles 1 package at a time, continue to stir fry.
4) toss in veggies, continue to stir fry.
5) add in 1.5 package of seasoning or add in oyster sauce (pick one, if you use both it will be too salty), mix well. Add more seasoning or oyster sauce to taste.