Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Leftover Turkey, Turkey Salad Sandwich Bento
























I've caught some stomach virus at a restaurant last week after the long Thanksgiving weekend and I just wasn't myself. I was running in and out of the bathroom, I had no appetite, and I was just tired all the time with a terrible headache! Exactly one week and 5 pounds off later I am finally myself again. It was a very miserable week as I was unable to enjoy spending time with my family...AND cooking!

Now that I am ALL BETTER and caught up with all my work and family, I can finally do a post that I wanted to do last week! I wanted to talk all about leftover Turkey. But I have noticed that there are quite a few bloggers out there already have special recipes for leftover Turkey. One best leftover Turkey dish I love is making Turkey Jook. You can follow my jook recipe here, replacing chicken with turkey. You can also use leftover duck, too. Another dish I made with leftover turkey is turkey salad. Of course, you can replace turkey with chicken, too.


Turkey Salad

1 cup Leftover turkey, deboned and chopped
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Raisins
1/2 of an Apple, peeled and diced finely
Dash of Pepper

(Measurements are not exact, I was eyeballing everything when I did this)

Direction: Mix them all together, add more mayonnaise, raisin, or diced apples to your taste.

I don't like celery...but wanted to add something crunchy so I decided to add some apples. I thought it tasted pretty refreshing! In addition to adding it to sandwich bento (pictured above with slices of apples and salad), I also had it as a dip and ate it with triscuits. Posting my bento to "What's for Lunch Wednesday". =)


I've had to do several potlucks recently and got a chance to make seasoned soybeans, edemame rice, and grilled some steak using this steak marinate. They were all hits!! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. You certainly have lots of fillings for the sandwich, which is what I love to do too if I'm preparing a sandwich. Look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete