Singapore Noodles (Mrs. P's version)
1/2 package of vermicelli, soaked in water (about 2-3 cups when wet)
1 clove of garlic, diced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 piece of chicken breast, cut in thin strips
1 carrot, julienne
1 cup of shredded cabbage
2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup of chicken stock
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
Salt and Pepper
Oil for stir fry
1) In a heated skillet, add in about 1 tbs oil and fry garlic and onions for a minute, add in chicken strips and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
2) Add in carrots, cabbage, and shiitake mushrooms and continue to stir fry.
3) Add in soaked vermicelli and chicken stock, continue to stir fry.
4) Add in curry powder, sprinkle them evenly in the skillet, add in sesame oil, continue to stir fry.
5) Add in salt and pepper to desired taste.
6) Plate and serve!