Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Miso Salmon

















I had two filets of salmon left in my freezer so I decided to make miso salmon.


Miso Salmon

2 Salmon filets (I purchased mine frozen at Costco, defrosted)
1 tbs miso paste
1 tbs mirin
2 tsp rice vinegar (or juice of a lemon)
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp ginger
drizzle of sesame oil

1) Put all ingredients in a ziplog bag and marinate for 30 minutes.
2) Set oven on broil.
3) Place salmon filets in a baking dish, reserve liquid for basting.
4) Broil for 10 minutes, remove and pour (or brush) remaining liquid on top of salmon and continue to bake for a few more minutes or until the top is char.
5) Serve it over rice or with stir vegetables.

(Pictured salmon is topped with garlic, onion, and shiitake mushroom stir fry)

And since I haven't posted any of my bento lunches lately, here is a glimpse of what I had for lunch on Monday. Yellow tier is Cajun Ahi Belly (purchased at Foodland, ahi is tuna) over rice and Pork Lau Lau (prepared in an Imu at my neighbor's backyard). White teir contains Shoyu Ahi Poke (blue cup), Kim Chee Tako (pink cup, tako is octopus), and Jalepeno Pipikaula poke(yellow cup), all purchased at Foodland, a grocery store I frequent because they have awesome poke!



















Posting this bento as my "What's for lunch Wednesday"...except I had it for lunch on Monday. hmmm....

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, love the recipe for miso salmon. Just bought some white miso and looking for ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sonoma Bento: Yay! I'm sure yours will be just as tasty if not better!!

    ReplyDelete