Friday, November 12, 2010

Furikake Salmon and Hula Girl Bento

Happy Belated Veterans Day everyone! I had a great time with my family yesterday, starting off the morning by visiting Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor. What a way to celebrate Veterans Day!

I am going to pull up an old recipe of Furikake Salmon since I noticed I haven't posted on this blog.



















Furikake Salmon

Salmon Filets (skinned)
1 jar of Teriyaki Sauce
1 bottle of Furikake

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place salmon evenly in a single layer in a shallow baking dish, pour teriyaki sauce to slightly cover the salmon and marinate for 5 minutes. (doesn't have to be the whole jar, doesn't have to be fully covered). Turn over and marinate the other side for another 5 minutes.
3) Sprinkle Furikake evenly on top of the salmon (again, doesn't have to be the whole jar).
4) Place dish in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins, depending the amount of salmon you use. You can always pull it out and check, if flakes easily then you know it's ready!
5) Serve Salmon with the Teriyaki drippings, over rice.




















Sorry the picture looks quite terrible, my blackberry doesn't capture pictures very good. The dish is paired with Okinawan Sweet Potatoe Salad which I haven't mastered. I LOVE this salad at Minato Japanese Restuarant in Honolulu (they also have this in San Jose! Tthey serve this instead of potato salad, so I tried to make it myself. Anyone have a good recipe for this?


Last night we had hawaiian dinner of lau lau, kalua pork & cabbage, ahi and pipikaula poke. So today's lunch will be leftovers and I packed it in my new bento box, with a hand cut out of a hula girl. I wish I had more brain power last night, I look at the picture now and how i wish i sprinkled furikake on the bottom as sand or on the top as stars!
























Bento consist of Pork Lau Lau, Kalua Pork & Cabbage, grapes, and Gen Ji Mai rice with a Nori cut out of a Hula Girl.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, all the food on your blog is seriously insanely amazing! I am drooling over every post!

    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashley: Thanks!! You are too kind! You had great party and food ideas on your blog too! =)

    ReplyDelete