Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer fun bentos

7/6: Bakugan ham sandwich


















Lil P is obsessed over bakugan and pokemon. so I figured I'll try to please him. I had to go through his dark room to dig up some bakugan cards to see how they're supposed to look. To my surprised, he knew exactly what they were just by looking at it and thought it was cool, and ate the whole thing...except for the fiber bar that he absolutely needed. And I found wrappers from chocolate which I did not get for him. He said his friend gave him one. sigh.


6/7: Meatball Sandwich of Onix from Pokemon


















I asked lil P if his friends ever look at his bento. he said yes and told me they wanted to see more pokemon. So I asked him to give me suggestions. He immediately went to his pokemon book and showed me some of the characters. Originally it was a green dragon guy and he said he'll be fine eating lettuce (OMG!) but then I decided to make it easier on me by making him a meatball sandwich. Of course I stuck the fiber bar back in this time and told him he MUST eat that before eating any other snacks!

6/8: Spam musubis and kalbi bento

















Lil P said he doesn't need anything special, so i told him musubis. He said he wanted the ones I buy down at the okazuya, he said it's better than the ones I make, hmph! So I told him I think i can master the way they make theirs and I really think I did! The okazuya really just left out the shoyu, they just put sugar on the spam and fried it. At least that's what I did and he said it tasted the same.

Kalbi on the other hand was made the night before. Lil P's absolute favorite dish so I used Susan Yuen's first bento book's recipe. I made too much as Mr. P and I worked out so hard we weren't hungry for a big meal. So I decided to pack some for my sister for lunch at her office and packed some for myself too. :)

6/9: Pizza manaupa

















Yup, this week is mostly per request. Lil P requested to have the pizza manapuas again. So here it is. I decided to not do the cheese topping but egg wash the top instead so it looks shiny like a baked manapua. This time I'm even smarter by mixing carrot puree into the spaghetti sauce so that he could have some veggies along with his favorite food: pizza! You can find how to make it here, on 6/30.

No comments:

Post a Comment