Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bento Books



I had lunch with my friend today and she surprised me with a copy of Yum-Yum Bento Box book, signed by Pikko!!
I first started showing interest was when I got my hands on Susan Yuen's first bento bookHawaii Bento Box Cookbook. I was intrigued by the recipe section as I love to cook. I mean, she was a sou chef at Palomino's! Her food must be AWESOME! Sure enough, I started making her recipes and it's always a winner! Eventually I found her blog so I added it to my favorites.

Some where down the line of reading her blogs, I started seeing Susan commenting on other blogs and needless to say, I end up having a new folder under my favorites and added to-date 8 bento blog sites, including Pikko's blog.

I decided to start doing bento for lil P's summer fun days and posted them up for my friends to see. They were amazed, though, my camera sucks, and it's not even great compare to these author's bentos. I am still learning, will probably never be like them. But I'm very happy to get a copy of this Yum-Yum Bento Box book. Perhaps I can make lil P lunch if he decides not to eat school lunches when school resumes in August! Thanks Yen for the wonderful gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment