Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mahi Mahi with Mushrooms and Onions



I haven't made these in awhile...I haven't seen frozen mahi at costco in a long time. It comes boneless and skinless and individually packaged. I like that alot! I made these for Mother's Day couple years back, since my parents have never tasted my cooking until then. My dad loves it! I think he was proud of me!


1 lb Mahi Mahi (boneless skinless)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup shoyu
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup diced onions
8oz mushrooms, sliced
half an onion, sliced

Marinate mahi with olive oil, shoyu, black pepper, minced garlic, and onion for an hour in the fridge, turn over every 30 min to completely marinate the mahi. Cook sliced onions on a skillet until half done (about 3-5 minutes), place them over a layer of sliced mushrooms on a baking pan. Pour marinated mahi and its marinate on top of the mushroom and onion layers. Baked at 350 degrees until fish is soft and easy to break apart (approx 20-30 mins). Serve it with rice. I would place rice on the bottom, then the mahi, then the mushrooms and onions, then drizzle the sauce on top! The sauce goes really good with rice. I can eat the sauce and the rice by itself and I'll be happy! haha. easy dish yet delicious, so it's a must try!

No comments:

Post a Comment