Chinese New Year came and went! Superbowl was just over too. So many things are coming up still: Lil P turns 10, Valentine's day, The Ultimate Sneak Away Contest video voting week, Lil P and Mr. P's birthday party. Then it will be March and spring break is around the corner!
Last week I made Furikake Mahi Mahi, I didn't have time to post it until now...
Furikake Mahi Mahi
2 Mahi Mahi Filet (cut into cubes)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of cornstarch
Oil for frying
1) Divide mixture of flour and cornstarch into two plates, add furikake into one of the flour cornstarch plate, mix well.
2) Dust Mahi cubes flour and cornstarch mixture.
3) Then dip into the beaten egg.
4) Then dip into to the flour cornstarch furikake mixture.
4) Then fry with oil.
1 slice of ginger, minced
1 tablespoon Water
3) You can set the sauce on the side for dipping or pour sauce over the Furikake Mahi Mahi pieces.
I had leftovers so I made this into a bento for myself! I used Fit&Fresh 2 cup containers, top one contains korean pears with blueberries and a clementine; bottom one contains Gen Ji Mai brown rice with 6 pieces of furikake mahi mahi and 2 pieces without the furikake...because I ran out! But it was still tasty!
Here are some pictures I took from the Chinese New Year Celebration and Parade in Chinatown, Hawaii.