Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tofu Poke & Lemon Pork Tenderloin Bento




















It's been awhile...I have been busy but didn't stop cooking! Today's feature recipe is Tofu Poke.

1 block of Deep Fried Tofu (Atsuage), 1.5 oz cubed
half small onion, thinly sliced with length about 1" to 1.5"
1 tbs shoyu
1 tbs sesame oil
2 tsp hawaiian salt
dash of chili pepper
dash of Furikake (optional)




Toss all ingredients in a bowl and mix well, refrigerate for half an hour before serving. I like to keep this simple but you can also add limu (a type of seaweed often found in fish poke), cubes of kamaboko, and tobbiko if you wish.


For today's lunch, I have packed myself lemon pork tenderloin over rice, along with another container of grapes and orange slices. Placing this on "What's for Lunch Wednesday"!

















Hawaii has been hitting with flash flood last week and this week. I haven't seen the sun until today! I snapped a picture of the water falls coming down mountain while we were driving home last night...there are 3 in this picture, it's too bad I couldn't get a better picture but they are just beautiful to see in person!!

No comments:

Post a Comment